Tuesday, January 28, 2014

FROZEN Birthday Party



Ok. Have you seen Disney's new movie Frozen yet?

If not…GO GO GO!

Seriously, it's the best. The main characters are sisters and have to help each other through an amazing adventure. The music is amazing. I cannot say this enough! I may or may not have leaked a few tears during the song "Let It Go" and I was just thrilled with the broadway feel of it all.

Of course my husband was next to me rolling his eyes and checking his watch. Musicals are not his thing, but he still enjoyed the characters and storyline :)

Well. Onto the party.

My daughter had a birthday in December and we always wait until after the holidays to celebrate with her friends. And that lucky duck! Since Frozen came out in November we had the perfect party theme just begging to be used! 

So here are a few ideas to get you started on your own Frozen birthday party!



Invites: Using Google search to find clip art, we put together a cute little invitation. We printed it out and glued it onto some sparkly glitter paper. Then we added a hanging snowflake and tag with each guest's name.

          Characters and "Frozen" images found here.
          Freeze! font used for "Aria's 6th birthday found here.
          Cinnamon cake font used for other text found here.



Decorations: With the help of my awesome hubby, we hung up snowflakes and paper chains and "snow" all over the house. We used cotton balls and fishing line…the picture does not do it justice, it was awesome! I also grabbed some light blue and white paper goods at the dollar store.



Food: This was one of my favorites for this party! We did a food item for each main character and tried to tie it in with the movie as well.

Anna = Anna's Love Sandwiches
Elsa = Elsa's Magic Ice Punch
Olaf = Olaf's Snowman Parts
Kristoff = Kristoff's Ice Blocks 
Sven = Sven's Reindeer Treats
Hans = Hans' Royal Cupcakes

I'm trying to get a .pdf of this for you! I just can't figure out to share a .pdf …. lame eh?



Birthday Cake: We made rainbow chip cupcakes with light blue buttercream frosting. I bought snowflake sprinkles and silver pearlized sugar sprinkles that worked perfectly with our theme!



Games: Of course we had to play Pin the Nose on Olaf! The kids loved this! We just free-handed Olaf on some poster board and cut him out before coloring.

We also did a marshmallow toss, cottonball-on-a-spoon race, and a piñata!!!! 

On downtime between activities we watched a few YouTube clips of the FROZEN songs…okay, okay. We watched a lot of those!! So fun! And I printed off some coloring sheets for the kids to do as well.





Party Favors: We thought it would be cute to send each friend home with a scarf! I picked up some fleece on sale at JoAnns and we cut it into 6-inch strips. On the ends we cut 3-inch fringe and then put it in our adorable favor boxes!!

And don't worry…we did have a few little boys at the party and I had blue polka-dot scarves for them. I just didn't take a picture!



And you can find a million more ideas for Frozen games, activities, and parties on Pinterest!

It was such a fun party inspired by a great movie! 


2 comments:

  1. did you find a font to use for the invitation for the "Frozen?" And where did you get the image of the characters? I'm using your invitation as my inspiration for my daughter's party (and your other ideas as well!) so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the images I googled "Disney frozen clip art" and just picked the character pose I wanted as well as found the movie title "FROZEN"
      The font for the part that says "Aria's 6th Birthday Party" is Freeze! from www.ffonts.net and the other text is cinnamon cake from dafont.com (I put both links up in the post).
      Hope that helps!! Have fun with your daughter's party!!!

      Delete