Sunday, February 2, 2014

10 Children's Books for February



Looking for the perfect book to read with your little Valentine? Here is a list of our 10 favorite children's books for this special month!



Love, Splat by Rob Scotton
We love the silly cat Splat, especially when he makes a sweet Valentine for a girl in his class named Kitten. (On Amazon)









Letters from Felix: A Little Rabbit on a World Tour by Annette Langen
One of my favorites book ever! It is not a Valentine's book, but has adorable letters that Felix the Rabbit sends to his friend while he's seeing the world. My kids love opening the letters and reading about his adventures. (On Amazon)








Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool by James Dean
For some reason I like this cat. At first I thought he was cheesy, but now I can't get enough of this "groovy" cat! My kids love these clever books and this Valentine's one is no exception! (On Amazon)









Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
I'm pretty sure this book is more for me than my children, since I'm usually the one crying by the end. A special story about the love between a mother and her son. Get the tissues!!! (On Amazon)








Old Bear by Jane Hissey
This is a classic picture book that I remember my mother reading to me. Old Bear is trapped in the attic and his friends on a mission to save him. A great story about friendship! (On Amazon)










There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose by Lucille Colandro
My kids love these "old lady" books and can't wait to see what else she puts in her belly! Of course this one is all about Valentine's and the old lady is making something special for the big day! (On Amazon)









Baby's First Valentine by Hinkler Books
This is part of the Baby's First series that I love for my little ones. They have bright, simple pictures that my babies and toddlers love to look at! And since it's also a board book it can take a lot of wear and tear from an excited early reader. (On Amazon)








Love Monster by Rachel Bright
Cutest little monster - and book - ever! And perfect my little boy that actually does love monsters more that cute, fluffy things!! (On Amazon)










Secret Valentine by Laura Damon
Another book that I remember my mom reading to me. I'm pretty sure my copy came from a book order when I was in elementary school! A cute little story about Molly the mouse who is given a secret Valentine! (Out of print, you can find used ones on Amazon)







Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
A cute little story about Mouse making Valentine's for each of his friends. My favorite thing about this book is that Mouse finds a talent or trait that he loves about each friend, a good little reminder to look for the good in those around us. (On Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment